Installing Avactis Using the Installation Wizard
Preparing to install Avactis Shopping Cart software
After downloading the archive Avactis.X.Y.Z.type.zip from the Downloads page, follow these steps to get the online shop running:
- Unzip the file on your PC;
- Copy install.dat, install.php и index.php files to the Web server and place them in the destination folder (for example, "store") in which you want to install Avactis Shopping Cart software;
- Using your favorite browser, navigate to the following URL: www.your_site.com/store/install.php (where "www.your_site.com" is your Web server's address and "store" is the folder that contains the installation files)
Then follow the instructions on the screen.
Step 1: License Agreement
The terms of the License Agreement can be found on the first page. Please read them very carefully and select the checkbox only if you agree to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Then click Continue.
Step 2: Database Setup and Admin Area Access Details.
A number of checks will be performed to ensure that Avactis can be installed on the Web host. If installation is possible, on the next page you will be able to enter the database server information; if not, the page will list the reason(s) for interrupting the installation process. For detailed information about errors and troubleshooting help, please see Troubleshooting.
Please provide the necessary information about your database server and to log in to the Admin Area.
To proceed with the installation, you will need to complete the following input fields:
- Database Server : The name of the database server. The commonly used name is localhost. This information is provided by your administrator or hosting provider.
- Username : The username for accessing the database. This information is provided by your administrator or hosting provider.
- Password: The password for accessing the database. This information is provided by your administrator or hosting provider.
- Database Name: The name of the database.You can enter the name of the existing database. Double check that the tables prefix name is unique by referring to the Tables Prefix field.Alternatively, you can enter a new name. A new database will be created. In this case, the choice of Tables Prefix is not significant.
- Tables Prefix: The prefix to be added to the names of Avactis database tables. The use of a prefix is recommended when reinstalling over an existing database. If no unique prefix is specified, the database may be accidentally deleted. The default Tables Prefix is asc_.
- E-mail: Installation information will be sent to this e-mail address, and it will be used to log in to the Admin Area.
- Password: Password to log in to the Admin Area. If you want, you can change your password by going to Admin >> Admin Members >> Edit Admin Details.
- Verify Password: Please repeat the password entered above.
Please enter all fields. Make sure to specify an existing database. After completing the form, click Continue.
Step 3: Installation Progress
The installation process includes unpacking files, creating the database structure, and importing data. Please wait until installation is complete. If the progress bar does not move for a long while, contact Customer Support.
Step 4: Finish
After the installation has finished, you will see a page informing you of successful installation. It will also provide the details for accessing the online storefront and the Admin Area. The same is sent to the e-mail address you provided.
The Storefront URL is: www.your_site.com/store/
The Admin Area URL is: www.your_site.com/store/Avactis-system/admin/ (where "www.your_site.com" is your Web server's address and "store" is the name of the folder containing the installation files)
After the installation has finished, the files install.dat and install.php are automatically deleted for system security purposes. Please verify that they have been deleted. If they have not, please manually delete the files.
Installing AVACTIS on a local computer using AMPPS
AMPPS is already used by 10000+ developers and it will soon be the new standard for development as it has the latest software and auto installing capabilities.
The following is a list of possible reasons you are unable to install Avactis Shopping Cart software:
|You do not have permission to write to the folder that contains the installation files||Write access permission is required to install Avactis Shopping Cart software.
For assistance, please contact your system administrator.
|The PHP version installed on the Web host is earlier than 4.3.0||PHP version 4.3.0 or later is required to install Avactis Shopping Cart software.
For assistance, please contact your system administrator.
|Insufficient disk space available on the Web host.||A minimum of 25 Mb of available disk space is required to install Avactis Shopping Cart software.|
|"Safe_mode" directive is enabled||To achieve normal system operation, you must set "safe_mode = Off" in php.ini.
PHP support for MySQL is missing
|PHP support for MySQL is missing||You should enable MySQL support for PHP. For Windows platforms, uncomment the string "extension=php_mysql.dll". For Unix platforms, uncomment the string "extension=php_mysql.so". For additional assistance, please contact your system administrator or hosting provider.|
|Your server's limitation of RAM allocated for running scripts is less than 64MB||The amount of memory available to PHP processes should be 64Mb. Modify the value of the directive "memory_limit" to 64M in your file "php.ini". For additional assistance, please contact your system administrator or hosting provider.|
|You do not have permission to write to the file init.php||Write access permission for this file is required. For assistance, please contact your system administrator.|