Installing Avactis facebook theme
You must be using Avactis 2.1.1 or later to install Avactis Storefront for Facebook.
If you are running an earlier version, you can upgrade your store to the latest version without losing your data. Our update utility is free for all license owners.
You must have :
1. A Personal Facebook account;
2. A Facebook page for your business or organization
3. You must like your business page under your personal account.
4. You must add your personal account to the Business page administrators.
1. Create a new folder on your computer.
2. Extract the contents of facebook theme archive to the new folder.
3. In the new folder, you will see a new folder named facebook. This facebook folder will contain the Avactis Storefront for Facebook files.
4. Launch your FTP client application and connect to the site running your Avactis store.
5. Open the avactis-themes folder on the remote site.
6. Copy the facebook folder from your computer to the remote avactis-themes folder.
Now the extension is installed on your store.
To install the Store tab on you Facebook business page pass the following steps.
1. Create facebook AppID. Check the steps given in document below to generate AppID.
2. Configure Your Facebook Page Tab
# Once in your App Dashboard, click 'Settings' in the left-hand navigation; then click the '+ Add Platform' button to start configuring your Facebook Page tab. # When prompted, select 'Page Tab' as your platform. # Next, add the 'Secure Page Tab URL' of the external web page (your store url). Then specify whether you want a wide page tab (810px). You can leave 'Page Tab Edit URL' field blank. You can also upload a 'Page Tab Image' here (which must be 111 x 74 pixels). Important: Facebook requires you to provide a secure URL for your web page in order to set up your Facebook tab. A secure URL is a URL with "https://" instead of "http://" at the front. If the website you use to create your Facebook Page tab does not support https, Facebook will not allow you to set up a custom tab, and you'll need to get an SSL certificate first. # When you're done editing the contents of this section, click the blue 'Save Changes' button at the bottom right.
3. Add Your New Custom Tab to Your Facebook Page
# In order to add your new tab to your Business Page, you'll need to visit a link below with several custom URL parameters. Replace "YOUR_APP_ID" with your actual appid and "YOUR_URL" with the url which you want to show on tab. Then visit to that link. http://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=YOUR_APP_ID&next=YOUR_URL # Select the Facebook Page you want to add your tab to. Then click 'Add Page Tab.' Keep in mind that you'll need to be an administrator of the Facebook Page in order to add the tab. # Lastly, go to that facebook page and click on more, you will find your custom tab in the list.